What is James Webb Telescope telescope?
The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is the most powerful space telescope ever developed by NASA. Along with the Canadian Space Agency and the European Space Agency.
James Webb will succeed the Hubble Space Telescope as NASA’s flagship astrophysics mission.
Orbit: James Webb will orbit the sun, around the second Lagrange point (L2), 1 million miles (1.5 million kilometers) from the blue planet. Primary mirror size: 6.5 meters (21.3 feet) across.
Mission: James Webb space telescope mission is to find out the first galaxies that formed in the early universe (100 to 200 million years after the Big Bang) and peer through dusty clouds to see stars forming planetary systems. Source: NASA
Size: Webb’s primary mirror spans 6.5 meters (21 feet, 4) across and is made up of 18 hexagonal mirror segments measuring 1.32m (4.3 feet) in diameter.
Weight: The JWST will weigh approximately 14,000 pounds (6350.293 kilograms), and it’s about as much as a full-size school bus. From our planet (Earth), the JWST will appear more than 10,000 times fainter than the faintest star seen by the naked eye.
Price: It took approximately 10 billion USD to build the James Webb.
What will the James Webb telescope be able to see?
An artist’s depiction of the JWST will be able to detect infrared light from faint, extremely distant stars and galaxies.
It has the technology to let it see back about 100 million to 200 million years after the universe was born.
James Webb Telescope vs Hubble telescope
- James Webb is stronger than the Hubble space telescope.
- Hubble’s launch weighed about 24000 lbs (10886.217 Kg), while James Webb’s launch weighed 14,000 pounds (6350.293 kilograms). JWST is lighter than Hubble.
- Hubble’s cumulative costs were about US$11.3 billion in 2015 dollars. It took $10 billion (1,000 crores) USD to build JWST.
- James Webb is more powerful than Hubble; JWST will see the first galaxies formed in the early universe.
- The JWST is 100 times more powerful than Hubble, and it has a bigger mirror and a larger light-collecting area.
James Webb telescope launch date and time
The James Webb Space Telescope that was going to launch on December 22 from Arianespace’s ELA-3 launch complex at European Spaceport located near Kourou, French Guiana, is now scheduled to launch on December 24, 2021, at 7:20 Eastern Standard Time.
James Webb telescope facts
- JWST is the most powerful space telescope developed ever made.
- It can look back about 100 million to 200 million years after the universe was born.
- It’s bigger than a school bus.
- The James Webb Telescope is named after a former administrator of NASA, Mr. James Webb; James ran the space agency from 1961 to 1968.
- Northrop Grumman engineers took approximately 100 million hours of people’s lives to build the James Webb space telescope (JWST).
- James Webb is the most complex, largest, and powerful space telescope ever built.
- How to make money on fiverr without skills in 2023 - February 2, 2023
- How to start career in Digital Marketing with no experience - February 2, 2023
- What are Sodexo coupons? And Its Benefits - February 2, 2023